"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Friday, January 25, 2013

Anthony's Book of the Week



It's been a big week for Anthony.  He started his first day of daycare this past Monday, and despite all of mommy's fears he did absolutely wonderful.  He really likes it, and enjoys all the kids and different activities.  He's sleeping well, still picking at this food, and painting and coloring.  I'm happy for him, and glad he likes it.  It makes it a little bit easier on the days I know he's there.

This week, we returned to an oldie but a goodie.  My aunt got Anthony this one when he was first born and it's been a favorite since then. 

Summary from Goodreads:

Geckos everywhere Number 1 is the cool gecko with the blue shades. Number 6 does push-ups and number 4 sleeps through it all. Ten lively geckos are having fun in this entertaining board book - can you count them all?

Counting Little Geckos is a colorful, wonderfully illustrated board book by Charline Profiri.  This is a great starter book for smaller children, but older children will enjoy it too because of the fun pictures and counting fun. 

Anthony has always loved the little illustrations in this board book, and even I'm a little enamoured by the adorable little geckos as they share their adventures with us.  I look forward to continue reading this one with Anthony, and some day letting him count the geckos for me!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails