"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Friday, January 11, 2013

Anthony's Book of the Week


I'm going to need to update the picture of the my little guy soon.  This one was just after his first birthday, and he'll be two here in a few days.  Maybe I can get him to sit still for a few minutes this weekend!!

Each week, Anthony and I pick out a new book to read throughout the week.  He's two, and honestly has the attention span of a gnat sometimes.  Some nights we may only get through one or two pages before he's off and going again. 

However, he's been completely enthralled this week with Bad Dog, Marley by John Grogan and it's proving to really hold his attention.

Summary from Goodreads:

Make way for Marley!

Mommy, Daddy, Cassie, and Baby Louie welcome Marley, a lovable puppy, into their home. But Marley doesn’t stay a pint-sized pup for long. He grows and grows, and the bigger Marley gets, the bigger trouble he gets into. Big, bad-boy trouble. Will this family have to find a new home for their misbehaving pooch, or will he prove he can be a good boy?


First off, not only does Anthony love this book, but so do I.  It's an adorable story, and I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Marley.  The illustrations in this book are wonderfully colorful and hold Anthony's attention and he loves to point and talk to the characters. 


I'm pretty sure that's there are a few other Marley books out there written for children, and I'm going to be looking them up in the next few days.  Marley seems to be a great way to get Anthony to connect with a book, and I'm not giving that up for anything!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails