"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Friday, January 18, 2013

Anthony's Book of the Week


It's been a busy, busy week here and we have a lot of changes ahead of us.  Anthony goes to his first day of daycare on Monday.  We've had some things come up, and hubby's mom can't watch him as much as before, so it's with a heavy heart I researched schools to see what I could find.  After talking to as many parent's as possible, and reading reviews and visiting, I think I found a good one.  We'll see how it goes though.  It will probably be harder on this mom then it will be for my little boy.

This week, Anthony and I have been loving Sesame Street.  He's been enthralled with Elmo and Zoe, and much to my husband's chagrine, Abby Cadabby (At least I think that's how you spell it!).  Because of this, we've been reading Sleep Tight! by Constance Allen.

Summary from Goodreads:

All the little monsters on Sesame Street are getting ready for bed in Sleep Tight. Snuggle up with the whole gang as they wish you good night.

This is a simple book, with short, quick sentences, so it really kept my two year entertained.  Plus, the illustrations are bright and colorful and contain all his favorite characters.  He was content to listen as each character went through their bedtime ritual, and at the end, he laid now his little had and he also slept tight. 

Despite it's simplicity, I think this is probably one we'll be returning to again and again in the next few months which is ok with me.  I've always found the neighborhood on Sesame Street to be very comforting!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails