"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Monday, February 2, 2009

Review: Vampire Kisses



Title: Vampire Kisses
Author: Ellen Schreiber
Pages: 253
Rating: 4.5/5

The mansion on top of Benson Hill has been empty and boarded up for years. But a new family has moved in. A family that never ventures out during the day. Who are these creepy people –– especially the handsome, dark, and elusive Alexander Sterling? Or rather, what are they? Could the town gossip actually be true? Are they vampires?

Raven, who secretly covets a vampire kiss, both at the risk of her own mortality and Alexander's loving trust, is dying to uncover the truth.


This was my last book I completed in January. I really enjoyed this book and it was a super fast read. Raven is a goth chick who's goal in life is to grow up and be a vampire. So, when a super creepy family moves into the old abandoned mansion, she is convinced that something spooky is going on - plus, there's a really cute goth guy living there that she just has to check out. Along with her best friend, Becky, Raven sets out to find out what is going on and ends up losing her heart along the way.

The funny thing about this book is how it describes the vampires. They don't go out into the sunlight, they don't eat garlic, and they turn into bats at night. This was just so different from the other vampire books I've read recently and I had to laugh. It was rather funny, after reading Twilight, to go back to something that said vampires slept in the ground and turned into bats.

There are four more books already written in this series and I have already ordered them from Amazon. I'm looking forward to reading them in the next month. At this rate, by the end of the year, I should no everything I need to know about vampires!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I have these books on my wishlist (shocking, I know!), but haven't picked them up yet. I'll definitely be getting them eventually!

Related Posts with Thumbnails