"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Friday, February 27, 2009

Review: Fade


Title: Fade
Author: Lisa McMann
Pages: 248
Rating: 5/5

****IF YOU HAVEN'T READ WAKE...THIS REVIEW COULD CONTAIN SPOILERS****

For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck.

Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open — but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie's in way over her head, and Cabe's shocking behavior has grave consequences for them both.

Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability — and it's bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a dream catcher sealed, but what's to come is way darker than she'd feared....

The sequel to Wake, Fade is ten times as intense. I started this book at about 7:30 this morning, and with work, grocery shopping, and making dinner still managed to finish it in less then ten hours. I again, couldn't put it down.

In this novel, Janie is asked to work to find a sexual predator within the halls of Fieldridge High. By tapping into others dreams, the police are hoping she'll be able to spot just who is doing this to the students. And once Janie is sucked into solving the crimes, she can no longer escape, no matter how badly she or Cabel wants her out of the situation. Plus, Janie is quickly learning how to pause, rewind, and work within others dreams, making her even more drained of energy then normal. As these things begin to affect Janie, the reader holds their breath in anticipation of what is next.

I absolutely loved how this book was written. Not once does the anticipation of what is going to happen wane. The book continues to clip along at a rapid place taking the reader on a roller coaster of a ride. I'm so sad that the next book in the series doesn't come out until 2010. It seems like a long time to wait for another well written novel. Plus, its a long time to go without a little Cabel in my life. His love for Janie is so intense, and so sincere it just makes him so damn sexy. Wonder if I'll dream of him again tonight?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great review! I can't wait to read this one and get me my Cabel fix for the month :)

Katie said...

ok...got it yesterday - stayed up to finish it last night!!
I loved it!! I am so bummed we have to wait so long for the next one! There is just something about how these are written that totally sucks me in. And Cabel...sigh. Good stuff :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails