Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each Tuesday is a new topic. Head on over and check it out!!
This weeks topic is:
Top Ten Books That I Feel Everyone Has Read But Me
This shouldn't been too hard of a list for me to write. There are so many books out there that I'm pretty sure I'm the last person to read. Here we go:
1. The Hunger Games: Suzanne Collins - I'm not really sure what is taking me so long to read this one. I've had it on my shelf since when it came out, but I just have never found the time to pick it up. I'm sure I'm missing out, and with the moving coming out I should get cracking.
2. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo: Stieg Larsson - I have this one in mass market paperback and I think it's the size I find intimidating. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself...
3. City of Bones: Cassandra Clare - Every time a new one comes out in this series, I say to myself, "I should really read this now," but alas I never do.
4. The Book Thief: Markus Zusak - This one is another one that has been sitting around on my shelf forever. With this one, I'm just so scared I won't like it, that I keep not reading it.
5. The Help: Kathryn Stockett - I don't even know with this one. I've let five people borrow my copy of this and they have all raved about it, but yet I still don't read it. Something may be wrong with me...lol :)
6. The Kite Runner: Khaled Hosseini - I'm going to be completely honest here. Sometimes I worry I'll be too dumb to enjoy this book. I think I read so much YA fiction now, I often feel like I can't understand adult literature now.
7. The Giver: Lois Lowry - I'm definitely reading this one for banned books week. I feel like I'm missing out on so much in the dsytopian genre by not reading this one.
8. Shiver: Maggie Stiefvater - I own this one, but for some reason, the concept doesn't grab me so I just haven't given it much of a try.
9. Uglies: Scott Westerfeld - I don't really know why I haven't read this one. I buy all these books with the greatest intentions to read them right away, and then years later they're still hanging out on the shelves waiting for me to get to them. I should use this list for motivation!!
10. The Last Four Harry Potter Books: JK Rowling - I've seen the movies though!!