Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each Tuesday is a new topic. Head on over and check it out!!
This weeks topic is:
Top Ten Books That I Read Because of Another Blogger
1. Dairy Queen - Catherine Gilbert Murdock: I looked at this one at the library for months and months and kept putting it back, until I saw a review on The Story Siren that raved about this trilogy. I ended up reading all three books back to back in 2010.
2. To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee: I had never read this classic before, and when I read Sheila's review at One Person's Journey, I had to give it a try. I am so glad that I did because its probably one of my all time favorite reads!
3. Speak - Laurie Halse Anderson: This one came from a number of different blogs. It was around the time of Banned Books Week last year, when an article surfaced that pretty much said this was the "worst book ever written." The blogging world was on fire regarding this, and I had to see for myself what this book was about. It was so good, I'm reading it again this year during Banned Books Week!
4. Twisted - Laurie Halse Anderson: It wasn't really a recommendation for this particular book that came from a blog, but recommendations to try audio books. I can still remember what it felt like when I realized that I could listen to books and work at the same time. I was like an empowered women. I still feel like I'm getting away with a huge secret at work every time I put my headphones on...
5. Never Tell a Lie - Haille Ephron: I found this one when J. Kaye's blog was still active. I read the review and then ran to the library the next day to get my hands on this book. There was just something about how she described it that made me have to read it.
6. Wake - Lisa Mcmann: This was another one that I looked at 500 times before I actually read it. I finally read a review by my friend Katie (who sadly doesn't blog much anymore...but she gave it up to be a mommy which is the best job in the world!!). Once I read the review, I couldn't get this book fast enough and ended up devouring it in less than a day, and followed it up with the sequel Fade.
7. Perfect Chemistry - Simone Elkeles: I can't remember what blog I saw this one on, I just know it made me HAVE TO HAVE IT. Even though, at the time, I thought it sounded like the cheesiest book I've ever laid eyes on. Ummm yeah, totally wrong about that.
8. The Iron King - Julie Kagawa: This one came from The Story Siren. It still took me forever to read it...but every time she mentioned it, I was like "I really should read that book." Yeah I really should have read it a lot sooner!
9. Twilight - Stephanie Myer: Sadly, this is how I found out about Twilight. I kept seeing this book with a weird apple on it around the blogs. This was way before I even had a blog...I just blog stalked. Finally my curiousity one the better of me and I broke down and read it. Am I glad I did...well yes...am I sometimes embarrassed by how much I enjoyed it...you bet ya...lol
10. Crank - Ellen Hopkins: I'm not sure which blog recommended this book, but it raved about Hopkins and her awesome books...awesome is right. Crank was an amazing book.