"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Monday, February 22, 2010

What are you reading? (4)


It's Monday! What are you reading this week? is a weekly event now hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World Of Books. It's helpful way to take a look at what you have read and what you want to read!

My reading definitely picked up in the past week. I was able to finish four books and I'm half way finished with a fifth:

This brings my total books read so far for 2010 to 14, which is really good for me. So far I'm pretty much on track. If I keep up this pace all year, I'll easily read 100 books!!

This week I'm hoping to finish these:

  • The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan: This is the second book in The Olympian series and I'm enjoying it as much as the first. I'm really glad I started this series and look forward to finishing the next three months in the coming weeks.
  • Me and Emma - Elizabeth Flock: I picked this one up from paperbackswap.com some time ago, but haven't gotten around to reading it. I've heard wonderful things about it though!
  • Angel's Rest - Charles Davis: I really loved the cover for this one, and the blurb sounds amazing.
  • The Weight of Silence - Heather Gudenkauf: This was a Borders Books pick of the week. Also, Marce, at Tea Time with Marce recommended this book to me and wrote a great review you can find here.
  • The Lost Mother - Mary McGarry Morris: This is one that has been on my shelf for a while. The description sounds intriguing, and definitely looks like a page turner.
  • The Box Children - Sharon Wyse - I know next to nothing about this book. It was in the closeouts section on amazon.com and seemed like something I would be like so I picked it up and figure I'll give it a try.

What are you reading this week?


23 comments:

Rebecca Chapman said...

That's the second time that I have seen someone mention the Lightning Thief. I hope you enjoyed it.

You have lots of books coming up, hope you get through them all.

My Its Monday post pales in comparison to yours
http://pageturnersbooks.blogspot.com/2010/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_22.html

Shy said...

Five books? Five books in a week?? Oh my! You really should give me some tips on how to fight off my current reading slump! Even though I *feel* like I'm on the mend, I still have this lingering-laziness-effect. Bad, so bad!

Teddyree said...

Wow you had a great week, quite a few of your books are on my tbr pile. Hope you enjoy them

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

You have some wonderful reads there! I am reading Lightning Thief too!

Zia said...

The Lightening Thief seems to be a popular choice this week. My husband just finished it and says it's pretty good.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing so many books already this year! Looks like you're on a roll :) I hope you enjoy the books you have coming up this week.

Here's what I'm reading

Sophie said...

Haven't heard anything about The Box Children, but it sounds interesting.

Chrissie said...

Looks like you had a great reading week. Hope you have another one this week :)

www.chrissiescorner.co.uk

Jan von Harz said...

Oh, I adored the Box Car Children, when I was eight. I made my mom and dad get me a loaf of bread and a bottle of milk and went out to my garage to pretend I was living in a box car. Good memories. Enjoy!

Hannah said...

I cannot wait until I can buy books again (I'm on a buying freeze)because as soon as I can, I'm so going to be purchasing the entire Percy Jackson and the Olympians series as well as Lisa McMann's books. I've been seeing reviews on all of them everywhere in the book blogging world so I'm completely jealous that you've been able to read them.

Good luck reaching your 100 books! You can definitely manage it at the pace you're reading now. Keep it up.

Enjoy your reading this week!

Sharon said...

I've read several of Rick Riordan's Tres Navarre books and liked them a lot but I've not read any of his YA books. We did SEE The Lightening Thief and liked it a lot. I've read good things about Emma and Me too. Happy reading

Nina said...

Like Shy has mentioned above: Five books, wow. I cant even finish the one I am reading now. I hope you have a wonderful, fantastic week.

Lydia said...

I've heard The Box Car Children is excellent! I want to read it.

Ruth Schaller said...

Hope you have a great reading week! Check out mine at: http://ruthiesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2010/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_22.html

Have a good one! :D

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I enjoyed The Weight of Silence...The Box Children reminds me of a series from back in the day called The Boxcar Children.

Enjoy your week!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

The Weight of Silence sounds wonderful. Happy reading. My MOnday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-22.html

The1stdaughter said...

Wow! Looks like you have a great week ahead! Hope you have a fabulous week of reading and otherwise!

dollycas aka Lori said...

You have lots of good reads both past and future, looks like my wish list will be growing again.

Jo said...

I really want to read Gone - Lisa McMann. I have The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan among my TBR books. It looks great and I've heard such good things.

Amy said...

Great list! Happy reading this week! Here's my list.

April (BooksandWine) said...

The Lightning Thief is awesome! So was Sea of Monsters, I haven't gotten farther in the series though. I have Me & Emma too and have yet to read it.

Happy reading!

Here's what I'm reading

Gwen said...

Now you've gone and made me want to read The Lightning Thief!

Related Posts with Thumbnails