"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Review: Going Too Far


Title: Going Too Far
Author: Jennifer Echols
Pages: 245
Rating: 5/5

All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden tracks, she goes way too far...and almost doesn't make it back.

John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge-and over...(Cover Blurb).


Oh how I hope they make this book into a movie!! With someone really delicious looking to play Officer John After...who is my new book boyfriend by the way. He really got my heart beating...lol. Add that to the fact that this book is a phenomenal read and I was absolutely hooked. I read part of this last month, and then got distracted by something but ended up finishing the last 140 pages tonight. I'm sorry I waited the few weeks in between.

Meg is a troubled teenager, hanging out with the wrong crowds looking for trouble. However, one night of wild debauchery on a local bridge puts her in jail. For her punishment, Meg is forced to spend a week riding in a cop car with John After, the officer who arrested her and has an almost strange obsession with the bridge. Throughout the week, John and Meg go from enemies to friends and shocking secrets begin to surface. I was on pins and needles waiting to see what would happen between the two of them next.

I really loved the characters in this book. Despite her attitude, Meg is a hard character not to love. And John After is a hard ass cop with a sexy side, that we get to see in little bits and pieces. By the end of the book, I had fallen in love with him as much as Meg did.

This is one young adult book that you shouldn't let pass you by. I will definitely be checking out more of Jennifer Echols books!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Wow great great review! I can't wait to pick this one up, it sounds amazing :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails