"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Review: Baby, Don't Go


Title: Baby, Don't Go
Author: Stephanie Bond
Pages: 375
Challenges: Contemporary Romance Challenge
Rating: 5/5

Summary from Goodreads:

The hardheaded Armstrong brothers are determined to rebuild their tornado-ravaged hometown in the Georgia mountains. They've got the means, they've got the manpower…what they need are women! So they place an ad in a Northern newspaper and wait for the ladies to arrive.…

Eldest brother Marcus Armstrong considers the estrogen-influx an irritating distraction. He's running a town, not a dating service!

Reporter Alicia Randall thinks the Armstrong brothers are running a scam and she intends to prove it—even if it means seducing oh-so-sexy Marcus in the process. Sizzling sex and a hot story? Win-win!

At least it is, until she falls for the guy. Will love trump betrayal when the truth comes out?


When I first started this trilogy, I didn't realize I'd be so sad to see it go, but I'm going to be missing the Armstrong brothers and their little town over the next few days.

Baby, Don't Go tells the story of Marcus, the oldest, and the most stubborn of the Armstrong brothers.  Personally, I think he's also the most tightly knit to the rebuilding project, and has a good strong head on his shoulders. Despite his gruffiness, he was tender hearted and really loved his town.  He was my second favorite to middle brother Kendall.

Alicia, on the other hand, was my absolute favorite of all the woman!  She's trying so hard to prove to everyone how wrong of a town Sweetness is, and all she ends up doing is proving to herself how good of a fit is for her!  I liked the fact that she was a total city girl, afraid of every bug and snake that crawled on the ground.  It made her character very human and likeable.  It was so much fun to see her change her mind about things and come around to a new way of thinking.

You get a little more follow up with some of the other characters in this one too, but I wish their was an epilogue that told us what happened to everyone.  I felt like that was kind of left hanging and after investing so much time, I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get a glimpse into the future.

There are two novellas to this series also, that I might check out if I get a chance.  I'm curious to see if either one will give me any insight!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails