"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Friday, March 22, 2013

Review: The Duck Commander Family


Title: The Duck Commander Family: How Faith, Family, and Ducks Built a Dynasty
Author: Willie and Korie Robertson
Listening Time: 5 hours and 44 minutes
Challenges: None
Rating: 5/5

Summary from Goodreads:

Faith. Family. Ducks—in that order. This audiobook gives readers an up-close and personal, behind-the-scenes look at the family in the exploding A&E show—Duck Dynasty. This Louisiana bayou family operates Duck Commander, a booming family business that has made them millions. You’ll hear all about the Robertson clan from Willie and what it was like growing up in the Robertson household. You’ll sample some of Willie’s favorite family recipes from Phil, Kay, and even some of his own concoctions; and you’ll get to know the beautiful Robertson women. You’ll hear from Korie about the joys and hardships of raising a family, running a business, and wrangling the Robertson men while staying fashionable and beautiful inside and out. Discover more about the family dynamics between brothers Willie, Jase, Jep, and parents Phil and Kay. You’ll even meet a fourth brother who isn’t in the show.

Over the past year, Duck Dynasty has become one of hubby and I's favorite tv shows.  One, it's hilarious, and two I feel that the Robertson family is a wonderful family with strong values and a sense of closeness that I admire.  I saw this book a few weeks ago when I went to Books A Million and grabbed the audio book with my most recent audio credit.  It wasn't a disappointment.

I loved the fact that this book was read by Willie and Korie Robertson.  One, it really helped the story of Duck Commander to hit home, and two it made it a great audio.  I loved listening to both of them tell their story, and felt a much closer connection to the book.  It was interesting to see the difference in how they grew up, and how they came together.  They have a wonderful marriage, with five beautiful children and I really admire them for all they've done.

I also loved learning the background of the Robertson family.  It was so interesting to learn about Kay and Phil and their struggles in their early marriage and how they started the duck call business.  Seeing how they are now, it truly surprised me to learn their background and how it was at the beginning of their marriage.  Phil has a book coming out in May, telling his story and it is definitely one that I'll be picking up.

This is a book that I'd recommend to any fan of Duck Dynasty.  It's a wonderful experience, and I feel like I learned so much about their family and their business!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails