"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Review: Murder on the Half Shelf


Title: Murder on the Half Shelf
Author: Lorna Barrett
Pages: 288
Challenges: Cozy Mystery
Rating: 4.5/5

Summary from Goodreads:

Stoneham, New Hampshire, is a haven to bookstores, including Tricia’s own mystery shop, Haven’t Got a Clue, but is sadly lacking in bed and breakfasts. Pippa and Jon Comfort’s Sheer Comfort Inn opens its doors to the public in a week and the couple has offered some locals a free night as a trial run.

But what should have been a pleasant overnight stay for Tricia becomes a nightmare when she makes two startling discoveries: Pippa’s murdered body in the backyard, and the fact that her husband Jon is actually Harry Tyler, a man Tricia loved—and believed dead—for nearly twenty years.

Now Harry is the prime suspect, but Tricia doesn’t believe him capable of murder, regardless of her own feelings toward him. And even though Harry’s led a life of lies, Tricia’s learning that Pippa had her share of secrets that some people may have not wanted revealed…


Oh I cannot wait until July for book seven to come out.  Lorna Barrett left us with a huge cliff hanger and I'm so intrigued.  I've got the date marked on the calender, and I'll be getting this book no matter what!  Thank goodness I have plenty to keep me busy until then.  Ms Barrett really redeemed herself on this one.

Murder on the Half Shelf is book six in the Booktown Mystery series.  Tricia once again finds herself mixed up in a murder myster, thsi time involving her ex love.  Her presumably dead ex lover.  With all her connections to the crime, Tricia again finds herself hunting for clues, and working to clear her name.

While I thoroughly enjoyed the mystery in book six, I really enjoyed the character interactions.  After six books, some of these peopel are realy starting to feel like family.  I often found myself cheering on the different escapades, and being upset along with Mr Everett, Angelica and Tricia!  There were a lot of new developments in Murder on the Half Shelf, and I'm so curious to see where Ms Barrett takes them.

This is the first book in the series that I've read rather than listened to on audio.  I thought I'd miss the audio horribly, but foundthat it wasn't a problem.  I also finished the book a lot faster since I didn't have to wait for a time when I could listen to the audio.

If you're looking for a good cozy mystery series, I highly highly recommend these books by Lorna Barrett.  I don't think you'll be disappointed!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails