"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Review: Baby, Come Home


Title: Baby, Come Home
Author: Stephanie Bond
Pages: 330
Challenges: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 5/5

Summary from Goodreads:

The hardheaded Armstrong brothers are determined to rebuild their tornado-ravaged hometown in the Georgia mountains. They've got the means, they've got the manpower...what they need are women! So they place an ad in a Northern newspaper and wait for the ladies to arrive....

Sensible yet sexy middle brother Kendall Armstrong penned that ad himself--but there's just one woman he "really" wants to answer the call....

Civil engineer Amy Bradshaw--Kendall's ex-fiancee--fled Sweetness years ago, taking a precious souvenir with her. She's back now...but only on a professional level. "Really."

Little does she know that old flames always burn the hottest....


This is the second book in the Southern Roads trilogy by Stephanie Bond and I loved it even more so than the first!  I think it's because I enjoyed the character of Kendall a lot.  Despite his flaws, he really was a good guy.  I'm really looking forward to hearing Marcus's story in Baby, Don't Go.

Kendall and Amy used to be quite an item in Sweetness, GA.  That is until the day Kendall broke Amy's heart and she vowed never to return to Sweetness again.  Twelve yera later, despite all her efforts, she finds herself back home working on a bridge recovery project.  And trying to avoid Kendall at every turn.  Amy has secrets she's hiding, and she certainly doesn't want Kendall find out.

I loved the relationship between Amy and Kendall.  They had the perfect give and take.  Their chemistry was spot on and I really, really wanted them to have a happily every after.

I also thought that Baby, Come Home was better written than Baby, Drive South.  The conversations seemed more at ease and better composed.  The characters seemed more well rounded and a enjoyed them more.  All in all, this was just a stronger novel.

I already have Baby, Don't Go downloaded and ready to go on my e-reader.  I think I'm going to miss these Armstrong boys when I'm done!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails