It's Monday! What are you reading this week? is a weekly event now hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World Of Books. It's helpful way to take a look at what you have read and what you want to read!
This was a wonderful week for me. I only had a three day work week, and spent Thursday with my mom in Berlin, Ohio which is home to a large Amish population. We went to towns of little craft shops, antique stores, and at lunch at an adorable little cafe. I got some cute little frog statues for my back porch, and a few beautiful pieces of pottery. It was a great day. When I got home later that evening, hubby and I headed outside and got our new flower bed cut, and all the new bushes planted.
Friday we were up with the sun, and hard at work. My the end of the day (about 9:30 at night...lol), we had spread five yards of mulch, weeded all the flower beds, put out the lawn decorations, finished boxing in the garden, halled dirt to the back to finish off the new shed, and spread the compost all through the garden. We were beat, but the back yard looks amazing (I'll be taking some pictures for on here as soon as the rain stops) and we only have about another yard of mulch to spread out front and then all of our lawn work will be done for the summer, except for maintaince.
All this business didn't leave me a ton of time for reading, but I did manage to finish two books, and I'm almost done with two more.
This week I finished:
- Rules of Attraction - Simone Elkeles: Check out my giveaway here for this book!
- The Everafter - Amy Huntley
I'm also over half way done with Tangled by Carolyn Mackler and Touch by Francine Prose. I'm loving Tangled. I started it today and read over half the book in about an hour and a half. If we would not have had to leave for a birthday party, I probably never would have moved from the chair and read start through. I've been struggling with Touch all week. It's a good story, and I like the characters, but it's moving at a slow pace and not holding my attention like I would like it too.
Here's what's up this week:
- Finish Tangled and Touch
- Snap: Carol Snow - repeat from last week
- Ghostgirl: Tonya Hurley - This book looks so cute. The cover is really cool, and the pages are embossed with silver with flowers and illustrations. I"m really looking forward to reading it.
- Intertwined: Gena Showalter - This book is due back to the library and can't be renewed because of a hold, plus I've read some of Showalters books aimed towards adults and rather enjoyed them.
- Ice: Sarah Beth Durst - This book is way out of my element, but after how much I loved Rampant, I decided to give something different a try and see how I liked it.
We're supposed to have beautiful weather this week, so I'm hoping to walk in the evenings and head to the gym at least three days next week. Plus, the nicer it is, the more time I have to sit out back and read!