It's Monday! What are you reading this week? is a weekly event now hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World Of Books. It's helpful way to take a look at what you have read and what you want to read!
I'm sad to say that despite my good intentions, this was a rather slow reading week for me. I think I had one of those "my eyes are bigger than my stomach" moments and loaded up my plate a bit too much this past week. Plus I was largely distracted this week but I'll get to that later.
This week I finished up two books and I'm almost finished with a third:
I've now read 16 books for the year, and I'm hoping to keep up this pace through March. I'm pretty sure this is where I ended up losing stream last year because the weather started getting nice, and I was spending more time outside. However, considering the fact that we still have about a foot of snow on the ground, I don't think that will be a problem this coming month...
I also went and saw Percy Jackson and the Olympians - The Lightning Thief in theaters this past week. You can see that review here.
This coming week I'm again setting the standards high and hoping to finish up at least 4 or 5 of these books:
- Angel's Rest - Charles Davis: This is a repeat from last week, and I'm halfway through this one already and it is really shaping up to be a fantastic read.
- Me and Emma - Elizabeth Flock: Repeat from last week
- The Lost Mother - Mary McGarry Morris: Repeat from last week
- The Weight of Silence - Heather Gudenkauf: Repeat from last week
- The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan: This is the third book in the Percy Jackson series and I am super excited to start this one. From the book description it sounds like it is going to be an awesome read. I can't say enough good things about these books!!
- The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins: I'm pretty sure I'm the last person on earth that hasn't read this book. I've obviously heard really amazing things about it on over the blogging world, and the third book in the trilogy comes out 8/24/2010 so I'd like to be caught up by then.
- Shutter Island - Dennis Lehane: I will never actually read seven books this week, but I've been wanting to see this movie since I first saw previews six months ago. I have to read the book before I see the movie so I'd like to remember to read this in the upcoming weeks.
And now to explain my distraction this past week. About a month ago, my hubby was on the hunt for a new TV show to start watching. We have our favorites, that we watch every week, but we've seen every episode so re-runs and such don't really hold our attention. Plus, DH is the typical man and can't stand not be watch TV. I normally tune it out, except for the few shows I never miss. However, the new show he came up with can not be ignored. I present to you....
OMG. I cannot say enough good things about this show. It's creepy and addicting and has one of the best overall arching plotlines I have seen in a series since say...Buffy the Vampire Slayer. We only have four episodes left in season four and Netflix can't get them to the house fast enough. I love this show, and Sam and Dean, the main characters are not too bad to look at...here's a little preview. If you think it might be your thing, definitely check it out. It's so worth the time, but don't blame me if you miss out on reading time!!