"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday Teaser (6)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


**Grab your current read
**Open to a random page
**Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
**BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
**Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser:

The top line had gone up in flames but I could read the block letters of the second line well enough. And what I read didn't exactly make me feel warm and fuzzy. "You are next." (59)

~Cooking Up Murder - Miranda Bliss

I'm really enjoying this book so far, and I can't wait to figure out the mystery of it. Plus there's some really yummy looking recipes in the back!!



18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely not warm and fuzzy.

My teaser is here.

pussreboots said...

Yikes! My teaser is from Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart by Beth Pattillo.

Jennifer said...

Oh my! Great teaser and sounds like a wonderful mystery. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesdays-waking-up-in-land-of.html

Darlyn said...

i think it sounds creepy...*LOL*

here's mine!

http://darlynandbooks.blogspot.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesdays-thirst-no2.html

happy tuesday!

Jan von Harz said...

Sounds like a good mystery. Wondering what the unburned line contained.

Aleksandra said...

Great teaser! I have this one on my tbr list, so I'm glad you're enjoying it! Here's mine: http://my-book-obsession.blogspot.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesdays-9.html

Marg said...

Sounds sinister!

My teaser is here

Anonymous said...

cool, a mystery with recipes. Sounds like a great time.

here is mine

http://livemorenow.wordpress.com/2010/03/09/teaser-tuesday-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo/

Chrissie said...

Hmm, definitely not something that would make someone feel warm and fuzzy.

www.chrissiescorner.co.uk

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Ooh, good teaser!

Allison Vaughn said...

Ooh -- that comment would NOT make me feel warm and fuzzy either. Spooky! Great teaser!

My teaser:We the Children

Kaye said...

SOunds like a really good read. Here's my teaser . Have a great week and happy reading.

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

It's been a long time since I read any culinary mysteries, but they're always a lot of fun. Enjoy!

Mine is at The Introverted Reader.

Alayne said...

Ooh great teaser! Very intriguing. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Lori said...

Cool teaser, Enjoy your book! Here's Mine

zetor said...

that teaser!

Miss Angie said...

"You are next." Very awesome line to leave your teaser on!

Here is mine!

Lisa said...

That sounds a lot like my teaser, actually! Good choice.

My teaser is here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails