It's Monday! What are you reading this week? is a weekly event now hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World Of Books. It's helpful way to take a look at what you have read and what you want to read!
I'm in a reading slump. Nothing, and I mean nothing has been holding my attention. After I finished Shutter Island, I tried finishing up Angel's Rest and I'm just not feeling it. Not that it isn't an awesome book...it is. It's just me. I think its too heavy of a read for me right now maybe? I'm not sure. So I took a break from reading this weekend and instead cleaned off my bookshelves. This was a huge undertaking, considering that I have five bookshelves and they are filled to the brim (double and triple stacked in some places...). However, I was able to sort through everything and get all my series together and found a lot of books that I forgot I had. So I'm going to switch up the genre's this next week and see if it makes a difference!
Here's what I finished this past week:
- Shutter Island: Dennis Lehane
Here's what I'd like to read this coming week:
- The Darkest Knight - Gena Showalter: Umm let's see...I really like the cover for this one. That's motivation enough for me :)
- Jane and the Unpleasantness at Scargrave Manor - Stephanie Barron: The first in the Jane Austen mystery series. I've had this one for a long time and just haven't given it a try.
- Cooking Up Murder - Miranda Bliss: I think these look really funny and I can't cook at all so maybe I'll something?
- The Rest Falls Away - Colleen Gleason: This book has been sitting on my shelf since it originally came out, and it's been compared to Buffy the Vampire Slayer so I'm really interested to read it.
- Night Pleasures - Sherrilyn Kenyon: The start of the Dark Hunter series. These books are supposed to be pretty good.
- Bitten - Kelley Armstrong: I don't think I've ever read a book about werewolves before so I'm interested to see if I enjoy this one or not.
- Aunt Dimity's Death - Nancy Atherton: This is a re-read for me, but it's been almost two years. I'd love to read the rest of the series, but definitely need a refresher!
I'd also like to finish Angel's Rest eventually this month. I just hope this fresh stack of books will stop the slump, because I'd love to read some of the books I listed last week!!!