"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuesday Teaser (5)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


**Grab your current read
**Open to a random page
**Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
**BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
**Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teasers:

I decided to go ahead and get out since it looked like the whole town was standing outside but when I tried to, I noticed there weren't any door handles. Then I noticed there weren't any way to roll down the windows (131).

~Angel's Rest - Charles Davis

They got an electrified fence around a septic processing facility. They got a ward inside a fort. They got under a hundred patients in a facility that could hold three hundred (150).

~Shutter Island - Dennis Lehane




23 comments:

Jennifer said...

Brilliant teasers. Now I definitely want to read Shutter Island. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesdays-shadow-of-king.html

Anonymous said...

Interesting imprisonment themes you got going there.

Mine is here.

pussreboots said...

Sounds like you're reading two creepy books. Mine is from the first <a href="http://www.pussreboots.pair.com/blog/2010/comments_03/teaser_tuesday_the_secret_of_the_old_clock.html>Nancy Drew</a> book.

Kristine said...

That first teaser is really good!
I recently finished reading Shutter Island and it was pretty eerie! I hope you enjoy it :)

My teaser's here:http://inthesound.us/bookheart/?p=636

Clarissa said...

THe books sound a bit scary!!

Here is my teaser
http://limpetsandpenguins.blogspot.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesday-100302.html

Anonymous said...

Wow, both look interesting but I do want to know if he/she gets out ...

here is mine http://livemorenow.wordpress.com/2010/03/02/teaser-tuesday-the-adventures-of-alianore-audley/

Marg said...

Both about imprisonment. Interesting. The first teaser would freak me out a little bit!

My teaser is here this week.

Lisa said...

definitely in my list

here's mine

Harvee said...

Everyone's trapped inside! Here's my teaser and book giveaway

Kaye said...

Trapped and no way to get out. That's the stuff of nightmares.

Here's my teaser and giveaway

Lori said...

Now, that is a teaser. Well done. Here's Mine.

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

The first one sounds like a panic-inducing moment! And Shutter Island is just great.

Mine is here.

Alayne said...

Nice teasers for both. Shutter Island is creepy. :) Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Darlyn said...

really psych! but sure a great one =)

http://darlynandbooks.blogspot.com/2010/03/teaser-teusday-smoke-jumper.html

Stephanie said...

Great teasers ... very suspenseful! And your blog looks so colorful and inviting. I enjoyed my visit here. :-)

My teaser: A Bit of Chick Lit for Teaser Tuesday

CMash said...

Putting on my TBR list. Have become a follower. My TT is
here

CMash said...

Putting on my TBR list. Have become a follower. My TT is
here

Book Soulmates said...

Great teasers!

Here are our teasers for this week :)

♥Isalys

Maria (Serpentine Library) said...

Great teasers! Shutter Island sounds like it is a good read. Here is my teaser.

Andrea said...

Both teasers are very intriguing. Great job.
Here's mine.

Anonymous said...

I like both teasers! My Teaser is Here!

Hannah said...

okay, seriously...how did you manage to get two teasers that have similar themes? Very nice. and Angel's Rest, from the teaser, sounds like a wonderfully creepy book? I'm off to find a book summary for it!

Christina T said...

Both teasers are fantastic. Shutter Island looks creepy. I've seen the movie trailer but I'm not sure how similar the movie will be to the book.

The teaser for Angel's Rest reminds me of nightmares I used to have when I was a kid involving being stuck inside a car.

Here is mine.

Related Posts with Thumbnails