"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Monday, January 18, 2010

What are you reading? (2)


What are you reading on Mondays? is a fun meme created and hosted by J Kaye of J. Kaye's Book Blog.

Last week was a horrible reading week for me. I was only able to finish two books, and those were both yesterday. However, this coming week should be a lot better. We had a lot of birthday celebration stuff for DH and lots of Drs appointments that kept me rather distracted last week. Every night I looked at my books with longing, and then fell into bed!!
Last week I finished:
  • Twenty Boy Summer - Sarah Ockler
  • Glass - Ellen Hopkins

Currently I'm reading:

  • Going Too Far - Jennifer Echols
  • Secret Society - Tom Dolby

I know neither of these books were on my list to read last week but Secret Society is due back to the library and someone else has it on hold so it cannot be renewed, and I bought Going Too Far and it was just kinda calling my name (it is soooo good!!)

This week I'd like to finish:

  • Generation Dead - Daniel Waters (repeat from last week)
  • The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness (repeat from last week that I really want to read)
  • Strange Angels - Lili St. Crow (repeat from last week --- I have heard awesome awesome things about this book and am absolutely determined to finish this book this week!)
  • Wonderous Strange - Leslie Livingston
  • Fallen - Lauren Kate
  • Beautiful Creatures - Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Hopefully this will be a great week and I'll be able to make some headway on my goal of reading 100 books this year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strange Angels is such a good one...it's the best urban fantasy I've read in both YA and adult. Also liked Fallen...you have some great books ahead.

Nise' said...

Read great things about Beautiful Creatures.

Sarah said...

So glad to see I'm not the only one that reads multiple books at a time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails