Well it's that time of year again. Time to start fresh, and make some new reading goals. I reviewed my reading goals from that I made last year and I've accomplished two of the five (or six...now I can't remember). I did read books off of my TBR pile, and I did review every book I read this year. So some of my goals will stay the same this year, and some will be tweaked to better suit my needs :)
1. STOP BUYING BOOKS. This one is really important. I have a TON of books that I already own, and I need to read them and enjoy them before I buy more. Also, I need to utilize my local library more (something I've been really super good about this past month!). Since we're still working on having a baby, we need to start saving, not spending...lol.
2. BLOG MORE OFTEN. Sadly, my average number of blogs per month is only about six. I started out really good last year and had one month with 17 posts, but as life got busy, I got distracted. We all know how that goes.
3. READ MORE BOOKS. In 2008, I read 24 books. In 2009, I almost doubled that and read 45 books. This year I'd like to read 100. If I watch less TV (something I really need to do anyway), and utilize my hour lunch, I'm pretty sure I could easily accomplish this goal.
4. TRY NEW GENRES. I tend to stick to the basics that I know I'll like, but sometimes I feel like I'm really missing out on some awesome reads because they just don't seem like my type (you'd think I'd learn...I said the same thing about my husband six years ago and that worked out quite well...hehehe).
5. FINISH SOME SERIES. This was a goal last year also. I think I may have finished one or two, and started about six or seven. Definitely something I need to work on.
6. COMMENT MORE! I would really like to see more traffic on my own blog, but in order to do that I need to let people know it's out there. So I need to stop lurking and start commenting. This will probably be the hardest thing for me to do. I'm a pretty shy person, so even saying hi over a blog comment can give me sweaty palms!!
7. MAKE MY BLOG MORE INTERACTIVE. I'd love to do some type of discussion, maybe host a contest, or create my own challenge. I'd really love to do an author interview.
So on that note, I'm off to read. The house is clean, the hubby is fed, and we don't have to be anywhere for a few hours. Enjoy your New Year's and good luck with all of YOUR goals!!
Review: Dividing Eden by Joelle Charbonneau
2 days ago