"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Monday, July 25, 2011

What are you reading (28)?


It's Monday! What are you reading this week? is a weekly event now hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World Of Books. It's helpful way to take a look at what you have read and what you want to read!

So its been a long, long time since I've done this meme.  Having a baby is busy work!!  I did get back on the blog this week and posted ten reviews for books that I've read since my last posting so I do feel caught up there.

A lot's happened since the last time I posted.  Hubby got a new job which is about 45 minutes from home but he loves it.  My baby turned six months old last week and he's working on his first tooth.  It has not been a fun time in this house.  I feel horrible for him, and nothing seems to be helping him so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears!!

I haven't gotten a ton of reading done.  Normally by the time I get home, get dinner, give Jr his bath and dinner, do a few loads of laundry and then get him to bed, I'm exhausted and can't even concentrate on the pages of the book.  But I haven't done horrible - I mean I have read ten books since March.  In the past few weeks I've been reading more and averaged about six books in the last three or four weeks.

Oh, I forgot to mention I also got a Kindle.  I named her Geraldine and I love her a lot!  I'll be even more in love with her once the library gets up and running to make their ebooks compatiable.

Ok now to the books...lol.

This past week I read Forgive my Fins by Tera Lynn Childs - that review can be found HERE.

This week I'd like to read:

Julie Kagawa
I'm already about half way thru this one and can't hardly put it down.  I've waited way to long to finally read these books!!


Cholie Neill
This one is due back to the library soon so I'd like to read it before its time to return it.  Should be a quick read.


Tara Hudson
I'm really taken in by the cover on this one and think the story sounds phenomenal!

So that's my reading week.  I'm looking forward to it.  And of course I had to post a pic of my little munchkin.  Here he is after some yummy sweet potatoes...




5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Have a wonderful week reading and oh my goodness what an adorable baby!
My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-49.html

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

WOW! 6 months already! Glad you get to pop in once in awhile. :)

The books look good - Hereafter is one I would like to read too.

My only teething tip is frozen cubes of fruit slushy... you can blend your own with mango, banana... freeze in an ice cube tray and then wrap and know in a cheese cloth and let baby suck on this. The cold helps numb the pain.

Mystica said...

I think you are doing very well - teething baby and all!

pussreboots said...

Cute munchkin. Enjoy your books. The wackiest book I'm reading this week is Bagelmania. Please come see what else I'm reading.

Kristen said...

Awwww, he's so little. So cute! Hope you enjoy your reads this week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails