"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Monday, May 3, 2010

What are you reading (9)?


It's Monday! What are you reading this week? is a weekly event now hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World Of Books. It's helpful way to take a look at what you have read and what you want to read!

It was a great reading week for me. I spent most of my evenings sitting outside enjoying the beautiful weather and the newly finished backyard. I posted pictures of that here. Also, we had a really positive meeting with our RE about the whole baby issue. I've started a new medicine (daily hormone injections...its been different dealing with needles) and I go for my first ultrasound tomorrow to see how I am responding. I'm hoping for better results with these meds.

Also, I'm still hosting my giveaway for two lucky readers. I'm giving away two copies each of both Perfect Chemisty and Rules of Attraction. You can sign up here!

This week I read:
  1. Tangled -Carolyn Mackler
  2. Touch - Francine Prose
  3. Beastly - Alex Finn
  4. Intertwined - Gena Showalter

I'm working on the reviews now so they should be up in the next few hours...hopefully :)

This week I'm going to keep with most of the same books I had last week. I actually hadn't been planning on reading Beastly, but saw a preview for the new movie and just *had* to read it. I'm glad I did. Here's what I hope to read this week:

  1. North of Beautiful - Justina Chen Headley: I've heard really great things about this book and I really like the cover. It seems intriguing.
  2. Ice - Sarah Beth Durst: Repeart from last week
  3. All Unquiet Things - Anna Jarzab: I haven't seen a lot of reviews about this book around, but I know this is a debut YA author, and the mystery of the stories sounds good.
  4. Ghost Girl - Tonya Hurley: Repeat from last week
  5. Snap - Carol Snow: repeat from last week

It's supposed to be another beautiful week, and we don't have a lot of plans so hopefully I'll be able to get a lot of reading in again this week!



14 comments:

Lydia said...

Your backyard is gorgeous! Oh, how I'd love to spend some time reading there!

Zia said...

North of Beautiful is on my wishlist. Happy reading this week.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I think I've seen books around by Carol Snow...naturally, I'd notice her last name!

Have a great week!

Here's mine:

http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2010/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

Christina T said...

I loved Beastly! I will have to check out your reviews. I thought North of Beautiful was fantastic and I really liked All Unquiet Things although not everyone agreed with me for some reason :)

I hope you enjoy whatever you decide to read. Have a great week!

Rebecca Chapman said...

Sounds so relaxing, especially as most of my reading takes place on the train.

Hope you enjoy all your next reads

Jennifer said...

I have not heard of these, so I will be looking them up. I do so like finding new books to read.
Happy reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-3-may.html

Anonymous said...

Your new backyard looks perfect for outdoor reading! Enjoy your books this week :)

Unknown said...

I had to read Beastly last summer with the teens at my library for the Battle of the Books program. It was my favorite book of the summer and a lot of the kids really loved it; I am glad to hear someone else loved it too.

Manda said...

Haha that's an epic picture of you! North of Beautiful, Ice and All Unquiet Things are all books I want to read sometime. Hope enjoy them all!

Jan von Harz said...

What a lovely place to go and read. It looks so serene and peaceful. I hope you liked Beastly I really want to read it too. Have a great week.

Julie said...

What a beautiful place to sit and read! I hope you have another enjoyable week of reading!

dollycas aka Lori said...

I am green with envy over your beautiful yard, will be showing my husband your pictures, we have a deck and a patio that both need work.

You have had a busy week, hope you continue to get good news from the doctors!!

HAPPY READING!!!
http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

Jessica N. said...

I know everyone else has said it, but what a gorgeous yard! I think I would be out there with a book almost constantly :). Great list of books this week too, enjoy!

~Jessica
A Fanatics Book Blog

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Oh I cant wait until it is nice enough outside to read! Currently 50 degrees today here in Central Minnesota as I type here in a long sleeve shirt and a blanket over me. *sigh*

Cant wait for outdoor reading! I am off to look at your pictures :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails