"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Review: Rescue Me


Title: Rescue Me
Author: Rachel Gibson
Pages: 384
Challenges: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 4/5

Summary from Goodreads:

 She’s 33, unmarried, and stuffed into a Bubble Yum pink bridesmaid dress. And the whole town wants to fix her up with anyone with a dental plan… Who’s going to rescue Sadie Hollowell now? Everyone in Lovett, Texas knows Sadie has always been a ‘notional’ kind of gal. She got a notion to leave town asap , and never visit her daddy (bless his heart). Now, she’s back and got the notion to invite a good-looking, hard-muscled, total stranger to her cousin’s wedding. Better a stranger than some of the losers she’s dated. Vince Haven got his muscles the hard way—as a Navy SEAL in Afghanistan. He’s staying in Lovett to visit his crazy aunt—the proprietor of the local Gas N Go. Before he can get the heck back out of the small town, his aunt makes him an offer he can’t refuse. Maybe he’ll stick around Lovett for a while. Maybe he’ll make a ‘go’ of the Gas N Go. Maybe he’ll rescue Sadie out of that pink dress!

I grabbed this book the other day when I was at Target picking up a few odds and ends.  I had enjoyed the Rachel Gibson book that I read a few weeks ago, and thought this one looked equally as good.  I wasn't disappointed.  As with the other Gibson books I've read, I couldn't get enough of Rescue Me!

This book was darling and cute and sexy all at the same time.  I absolutely LOVED the two main characters Sadie and Vince, and don't think they could have been written any better.  Plus, this book had everything that I look for in a Rachel Gibson novel - a hot male lead, a smart female, a good plot, and lots of action.  I read this book in only a few hours, and couldn't put it down.  I'm starting to remember now why I always loved the contemporary romance genre so much.  I really starting to get sucked in again this year.

I also like how this book tied into the Chinooks series that Gibson also writes.  It was nice to hear about some other characters and catch up on how they were doing.  I definitely think I'll reading some more of Rachel Gibson this year!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails