"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Monday, September 27, 2010

What are you reading (16)?


It's Monday! What are you reading this week? is a weekly event now hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World Of Books. It's helpful way to take a look at what you have read and what you want to read!

I can't believe the weekend's over and its back to work.  We had a great week, and a super busy weekend.  Saturday night we spent the evening with friends, laughing, eating, and just talking.  It was great.  Then yesterday, we spent the day laying around watching TV and reading.  I'm certainly not ready to go back to work!

This past week, I finished two books:
  1. The Girls from Ames: Jeffrey Zaslow
  2. Night: Elie Wiesel (review to come)
I also blogged about my new reading plan, and Banned Books Week.

I'm looking forward to a slower week with lots of reading time.  The weather is starting to grow colder, perfect to wrap up in blankets and snuggle down for the evenings.  Also, Friday we find out if we are having a boy or a girl so I'm definitely looking forward to that!

Reading wise, this coming week, I have all sorts of books to choose from my TBR shelf, and I also have some great banned books picked out
  • James and the Giant Peach - Roald Dahl
  • Summer of My German Soldier - Bette Greene
  • Bridge to Terabithia - Katherine Paterson
  • Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry - Mildred D Taylor
  • Speak - Laurie Halse Anderson
  • The Giver - Lois Lowry
  • A Light in the Attic - Shel Silverstein
These are all books straight off my shelves that I read and enjoyed growing up and in recent years.  So that's my plan.  What's yours???


8 comments:

Jennifer said...

You read good books this past week and have a lovely list for this coming week, enjoy! My Monday can be found here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-11.html

Unknown said...

I really need to pick something off the banned list myself. I even have Bridge to Terabithia sitting on my shelf and haven't picked it up yet!

Have a great week :) Mine is here:
http://www.dorolerium.com/?p=1694

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I will be curious to see what you thought of The Girls From Ames. I really had looked forward to that one but felt it missed the mark.

Have an awesome week!

Anonymous said...

Shel Silverstein is my favorite!

Jan von Harz said...

Wow you are reading lots of my favorite book. Night is amazing as is The Giver, Bridge to Terabithia, Speak and Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry. I think you will love them all. Enjoy!

Jamie said...

I LOVED Bridge to Terabithia and James and The Giant Peach! Dropping by from the It's Monday what are you reading meme.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Wow, it's been over 2 decades since I read James and the Giant Peach. I love Roald Dahl books!

Martha Eskuchen said...

Hi Emily - WHAT?? A Light in the Attic is on the banned reading list? I read that with my teenaged son! Well sort of back in the days when he would sit with me. Anyway it is a keeper book for him. :)
Have a wonderful reading week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails