"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Library Loot 2

I don't really have a lot of time to do another Vlog this week for Library Loot. My father in law has been in the hospital (he got out today!!) and I've been really busy with that and getting ready for Christmas.

Here's my loot for the week:

Crank - Ellen Hopkins --- Really looking forward to this one. It's written through poem, but I really liked Because I Am Furniture so wanted to give this a try.

Glass - Ellen Hopkins --- The sequel to Crank

Beautiful Americans - Lucy Silag --- I've been eyeing this one for months at Borders, but didn't want to spend the money. The sequel just came out so I want to get caught up!

Love You Hate You Miss You - Elizabeth Scott --- Really enjoyed Something, Maybe so I wanted to look into some other things by this author!

Waiting for You - Susane Colasanti --- I thought the cover was this was really cute so I grabbed it. I'm looking forward to reading this author.

The Adoration of Jenna Fox - Mary E Pearson --- I saw a book commerical for this one and had to grab it!

Liar - Justine Larbarlestier --- This one has been mentioned on a lot of different blogs and I've heard really positive things about it.

If I Stay - Gayle Forman --- I've read great reviews for this one!

Twenty Boy Summer - Sarah Ockler --- Super excited about this particular book!!

The Season - Sarah Maclean --- I'm not sure if this will be too romancy for me but I thought I'd at least give it a shot.

Perfect You - Elizabeth Scott --- Again I really loved this author and I wanted to read more!

Intertwinded - Gena Showalter --- Love the cover and I lovew Gena Showalter's adult novels

The Chosen One - Carol Lynch Williams --- I'm a big fan of the HBO show Big Love, and this book reminded me of that show.

Cycler - Lauren Mclaughlin --- One of the most original ideas for a YA novel that I've read about in a long time.

Distant Waves - Suzanne Weyn --- I loved the movie Titanic, so I thought I'd try the book

Ok...that's a lot of books! I have more too pick up too! I'm going to wait until after the holidays, though to grab them.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!!


1 comment:

Eva said...

I'm glad your father-in-law was discharged today! Hope you enjoy all your YA books! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails