"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Review: Something, Maybe


Title: Something, Maybe
Author: Elizabeth Scott
Pages: 224
Rating: 4.5/5

Everyone thinks their parents are embarrassing, but Hannah knows she's got them all beat. Her dad made a fortune showing pretty girls--and his "party" lifestyle--all over the Internet, and her mom, who was once one of her dad's girlfriends, is now the star of her own website. After getting the wrong kind of attention for far too long, Hannah has learned how to stay out of sight...and that's how she likes it.

Of course, being unknown isn't helping her get noticed by gorgeous, confident Josh, who Hannah knows is her soul mate. Between trying to figure out a way to get him to notice her, dealing with her parents, and wondering why she can't stop thinking about another guy, Finn, Hannah feels like she's going crazy. She's determined to make things work out the way she wants....only what she wants may not be what she needs (Cover Blurb).


This is my first Elizabeth Scott novel, and it definitely will not be my last. I instantly fell in love with this novel, and with Hannah our main character. In ways she reminded me of myself...rather shy, trying to stay hidden, in love with the unobtainable guy. Of course, I knew right away who the "perfect" guy was for Hannah, but I enjoyed reading about how she figured it out for herself.

Another reason I liked this book was because of Hannah's parental situation. It was so "different" then other YA books that you read. Hannah's mom has her own personal website, where she sits around all day in her underwear. However, despite this, she really is a good mom and loves Hannah with all her heart. Now Hannah's father is another story. He is more of a cross between Hugh Hefner and the guy from Girls Gone Wild. He was a total asshat!!

I've already picked up Love You, Hate You, Miss Me from the Library and I'm super excited about reading that one. If it is half as good as Something, Maybe, I know I'll love it!!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails