"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Monday, December 27, 2010

2nds Challenge 2011



This is another challenge that I'm excited about. I have a horrible habit of reading one book in a series and then stopping, failing to pick up the second book. I have so many series where I've read the first book and never went any farther. This should push me to do so (however, I'm pretty sure I'll have to re-read the first one as a refresher!!).  This challenge is hosted by Katy @ A Few More Pages.
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate. If you're not a blogger, leave your information in the comments.

2. There are four levels to choose from in this challenge:

  • Just a spoonful - Read 3 books that are 2nd in a series or the second time you've read the author.
  • A few more bites - Read 6 books that are 2nd in a series or the second time you've read the author.
  • A full plate - Read 12 books that are 2nd in a series or the second time you've read the author.
  • All you can eat - Read 20 books (or more) that are 2nd in a series or the second time you've read the author.
You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you. Any genre counts.

3. You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2011. Don't start reading until January.

I'll be reading 6 books for this challenge also, all the 2nd in a series:
  1. The Darkest Kiss - Gena Showalter (Lords of the Underworld)
  2. Murder on the Menu - Miranda Bliss (A Cooking Class Mystery)
  3. Night Pleasures - Sherrilyn Kenyon (Dark Hunter Series)
  4. Last Writes - Laura Levine (Jaine Austen Mystery)
  5. California Demon - Julie Kenner (Demon Hunting Soccer Mom)
  6. Frost Bite - Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy)



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails