"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Review: The Grand Finale

Title: The Grand Finale
Author: Janet Evanovich
Pages: 246
Rating: 2.5/5

Berry Knudson had a talent for disaster, but when she climbed a tree to rescue a kitten, she wasn't prepared for the scrumptious hunk undressing in a nearby window, or her dive downward that smashed Jake Sawyer's pizza and won his heart! But was there room in her chaotic schedule for a risk-taking inventor with dreams? She took classes, delivered pizzas, and cared for three eccentric old ladies she rescued from the train station. But Jake thrived on a challenge, and he could be very inventive. Could he teach her there was time to make butterscotch pudding and let herself be loved (Cover Blurb)?

I was looking for a quick, fast read last night to pass the time until Michael got home from work. I've always like Janet Evanovich and I've read a few of the Stephanie Plum books before. The Grand Finale was written way before the Plum novels became so popular, and you can definitely tell.

Originally written as a Harlequin type book, the story moves fast and there is not a huge amount of plot development. In fact, the development of the story was TOO fast. That is why I only rated the book two and a half out of five. It was almost far fetched and I found myself rolling my eyes quite a bit.

There are good things about this book. The three old ladies that Berry rescues from the train station are a hoot. The had me laughing to myself quite a few times, and reminded me of some of the older ladies I've worked with in the past. Berry's love interest, Jake, is a sweetheart of a guy, who would do anything for the woman he loves. I really liked him, I just didn't like his over the top I fell in love with you when you fell out of my tree bit.

All in all, an ok read, but nothing to write home about.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails