"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Review: Too Good To Be True

Title: Too Good To Be True
Author: Kristan Higgins
Pages: 379
Rating: 5/5

When Grace Emerson's ex-fiancé starts dating her younger sister, extreme measures are called for. To keep everyone from obsessing about her love life, Grace announces that she's seeing someone. Someone wonderful. Someone handsome. Someone completely made up. Who is this Mr. Right? Someone…exactly unlike her renegade neighbor Callahan O'Shea. Well, someone with his looks, maybe. His hot body. His knife-sharp sense of humor. His smarts and big heart.

Whoa. No. Callahan O'Shea is not her perfect man! Not with his unsavory past. So why does Mr. Wrong feel so…right (Cover Blurb)?

Oh Kristan Higgins, where have you been all my life? I cannot believe that I have been passing up this wonderful author, and letting her books just sit on my shelf. Too Good To Be True is Higgins newest work, and the only one by her that I have read (at this time...this will not be true for long). I. Absolutely. Loved. This. Book. I cannot say enough good things about it.

Our hero, Grace, is absolutely hilarious. She's sharp, witty, nutty, and possibly a bit on the crazy side. When she can't take the huge pity party caused by her fiance leaving her for her younger sister, Grace makes up a boyfriend. And tells her whole family about him. And then she tells her hot...and I mean hot...neighbor about him. So her hot neighbor thinks she's dating a pediatric surgeon, when all Grace can really think about is her hot neighbor.

And don't even get me started on the hot neighbor. Callahan O'Shea (isn't that name just dreamy) is absolutely the most perfect man I have ever heard of (No, I am not cheating on my boyfriend, Edward - Edward is the most perfect vampire ever, and he sparkles in the sun...even sexy Callahan O'Shea doesn't sparkle). Anyway, this guy is just the sweetest thing ever, and if I wasn't already married to quite a wonderful man, I might have a bit of book lust for Callahan O'Shea...oh, who am I kidding...I do have book lust. Just reading about the guy makes me start batting my eyelashes and compulsively twirling my hair around my finger...lol.

I flew through this book rather quickly. There isn't one part of this book I didn't like, and one scene in particular had me laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my face. I loved the ending and epilogue of the book so much I've read it three times. This book is definitely a keeper, and I will definitely be reading it again in the future.

Kristan Higgins has a short back list of three books (with a new one on the way this summer!!). I've already gotten my hands on them, and I'm packing them in my suitcase for Florida. I think they are just what I'll need for those lazy days on the beach.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails