"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Saturday, January 24, 2009

What a day...

What started out as a not so great day, turned into an absolutely horrible day by the time it was all said and done. When hubby and I came home from work, we let the dogs out and he went back to our room to shower. He called me back to the room, because Ralphie, my four year old long hair orange kitty, was laying on our bed. This was odd because our room is dog territory and Ralph never went back there. When I picked him up from the bed he made a horribly pitiful cry. I set him down on the floor and he continued to cry. I threw my cell phone at DH and he called the vet. Ralphie's little stomach was horribly bloated and he could barely stand. Every time you touched him he would cry. As we were getting him ready to take to the vet, he collasped as he was trying to get up because he was getting sick.

We rushed to the vet and they took him right in. My wonderful vet (she really extraordinary) came out and let us know that he had a blockage in is uretha. The blockage was about the size of quarter and was causing him horribly pain. We would need to transport him to the emergency vet where he would be sedated, put under, and then operated on to remove the blockage. Plus, all the toxins in his body were backing up and most likely causing heart damage (this was bad news because Ralph was born with a bad heart to begin with--- he was a rescue that hubby and I found on the side of the road and nursed back to health). DH and I talked about it and decided that it would be best to put him to sleep. As hard as it was, our vet agreed it was probably for the best. With his track record, and previous health conditions there was no guarantee he would ever recover from this.

So, this evening, my beautiful little boy went to kitty heaven. I'll miss him dearly, and will always love him, with all my heart. He was the first pet that DH and I ever had together, and lived at DH's parents house with him until we got married and finished building our house. He was definitely king of his castle and he'll be greatly missed by all...




3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so sorry about your cat :(

Sunnysmileqt said...

Thank you. It was just really unexpected and not something I was planning for. It was one of the hardest decisions I've ever made.

Katie said...

I can only imagine :( I have two cats that are 4 years old and I got teary thinking about having to make that decision. ((hugs))

Related Posts with Thumbnails