"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Monday, January 19, 2009

Attack of the Book Buying Monster

I started Bras and Broomsticks by Sarah Mlynowski last night after finishing up A Great and Terrible Beauty. I've also owned this one for probably a year and a half and still hadn't read it. I read a good fifty pages last night before heading to bed and I really really liked it. Today, I hopped on Amazon to see the reviews, and saw that there was a new book out in this series (I already own the two that follow Broomsticks). Because I'm enjoying this book so much, I headed up to Borders at lunch time to pick this up so I could read all of them one after another.

Well, that was a mistake. I got into Borders and headed back to the young adult books and I think something overtook my body and just began plucking books off the shelf into my hands. Lately, I've been really interested in young adult fiction and this probably wasn't a good time to head towards that section. I ended up walking out with 12 (yes 12 books). They are as follows:

1. Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead
2. Frost Bite - Richelle Mead
3. Shadow Kiss - Richelle Mead
4. Blue Bloods - Melissa De La Cruz
5. Masquerade - Melissa De La Cruz
6. Revelations - Melissa De La Cruz
7. Marked - PC Cast and Kristin Cast
8. Betrayed - PC Cast and Kristin Cast
9. Chosen - PC Cast and Kristin Cast
10. Untamed - PC Cast and Kristin Cast
11. Unbelievable - Sara Shepard
12. Wicked - Sara Shepard

A pretty decent haul right? However, did anyone else see that I completely forgot to get the one book I went in there for? Yes that is right. I was overtaken by the book buying monster and lost all sense of thought until I was back in the car driving away. So now, I must go back up after work and see about getting the one book I should have bought at lunch. Lovely!

2 comments:

Katie said...

that is too funny!

Oh...and we have the same taste in books! The Vampire Academy books are awesome...and I'm reading the House of Night books right now. And I have a few of the others on your list on my bookshelf waiting to be read! I'm addicted to young adult books lately!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, we must have similar tastes too :) I love, love, loved Vampire Academy! Blue Bloods also wasn't bad. I need to pick up Masquerade though. I read Marked but haven't gotten to Betrayed yet. Too many books to read! You should check out Scott Westerfeld too. I read the first two books in his Uglies series and am picking up the 3rd tomorrow. Also picked up his book Peeps which I heard was also good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails