"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Monday, April 29, 2013

What are you reading??


And I'm back.  I've been MIA the past few weeks, and it's been on the back of my mind.  I haven't even posted a review since the beginning of the month! 

A few weeks ago, I went in for my monthly check up and found out that I'm measuring about three weeks ahead of where I should be.  The dr sent me for an ultrasound to make sure it wasn't my fluid and that everything was looking about.  Everything was fine, but baby girl was already weighing 5 lbs 2 ozs at 31 weeks.  Figuring that she'll add another 4-4.5 lbs before she's born, she's going to be a big girl.  Yay me!  Now the question is whether she's too big for me to deliver, or do I need to have a C-Section.  I'm really hoping to avoid the C-Section, as I'm dreading the recovery, but will do whatever the my doctors feel is best.  I had a few issues with Anthony coming down the birth canal but that had to do more with his positioning than his size.  He was 7 lbs 9 oz at 37 weeks. 

With her measuring so big, and my due date seeming to be off, I went into panic must get stuff done mode.  Anthony's room is completely finished, the house is totally scrubbed down and cleaned, and all of the baby stuff is washed and in the nursery ready for her arrival.  And thank goodness too, because this week I came down with a horribly painful bladder infection that has pretty much had me laid out in bed for the past few days.

Sitting at the computer has become really uncomfortable too in the past few weeks, and work is horrible.  I'm so uncomfortable and big and none of my work clothes really fit.  Plus sitting at the chair is almost impossible.  I'm hoping the next few weeks go by quickly and without any "events"!

Reading wise, it's been pretty slow.  Since the last time I updated I have managed to finish a few books but not many.  Every time I try to read I fall asleep, and audio's are not holding my attention right now.  Pregnancy hormones I think :)  So far this month I've finished:




I really enjoyed The Help and The Peach Keeper, and the review for the latter will be up this week.

I'm hoping to fnish up the following in the next week, but we'll see:


 
 
Hope you have a wonderful reading week!

7 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Oh wow! I hope things do go quickly and smoothly for you! Glad to see you back here. Rest up and keep us informed of how you are doing!

Mystica said...

Welcome back and hope everything goes well.

Nise' said...

I hope things go well with new baby! You've read some great books lately.

Bookish said...

Lots of good reading there, I love Sarah Addison Allen's books! Congrats on baby and hope everything goes well!

Kristin said...

Hope the rest of your pregnancy progresses smoothly!!! I've read all of Sarah Addison Allen's books and loved them all - they are such fun books!

Have a great week!
~Kristin @ Always With a Book

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

The Help, The Peach Keeper and Garden Spells are all GREAT books!! Congrats on your baby!!!

Unknown said...

Hey! Congrats on your baby! I enjoyed The Crossfire Series, I can not wait for the next one to come out. :)


Have a great week!
-Whit @Whit's Book World

Related Posts with Thumbnails