"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 YA Historical Fiction Challenge

This will probably be the last challenge I'll enter to 2011 (except for the Chunkster Challenge which will be crossovers).  This challenge is hosted by Yabliss and has the following rules:

  • You are not required to review the books unless you wish to enter one of the exclusive giveaways for participants that will be offered during 2011 for which the entries will be reviews.
  • Books do NOT have to be 2011 releases nor do they have to be debuts.
  • All books must be YA or MG to count.
  • You do NOT have to run a blog to participate, although there must be a public website where I can find you (Goodreads, LibraryThing, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Tumblr, etc)
  • Your blog does NOT have to be a book blog.
  • If you enter with your blog link, you MUST post about the challenge so I may link.
  • Books that are paranormal or urban fantasy set in a historical setting (Clockwork Angel) are still technically Historical Fiction. They DO count towards your total. I dont have them in any of the lists because the idea was to promote realistic historical books that are less popular.

Level 1: 5 YA HF books in 2011

Level 2: 10 YA HF books in 2011

Level 3: 15 YA HF books in 2011

I'm choosing to partipate at Level 2.  Here's my list:
  1. A Great and Terrible Beauty - Libba Bray
  2. Rebel Angels - Libba Bray
  3. The Sweet Far Thing - Libba Bray
  4. Number the Stars - Lois Lowry
  5. The Luxe - Anna Godbersen
  6. Rumors - Anna Godbersen
  7. Envy - Anna Godbersen
  8. Splendor - Anna Godbersen
  9. What I Saw and How I Lied - Judy Blundell
  10. Sarah Plain and Tall - Patricia Maclachlan

1 comment:

Sab H. said...

Wow! Great list! Thanks for joing the challenge. Good luck ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails