Personally, 2010 was a big year for me and hubby. We found out we'd be expecting our first child, lived through the scariness of several hemmorhages that first trimester, and have grown together as a couple through it all. This winter we helped sell and pack up my grandfather's home, while at the same time placing him in a nursing home. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done, but it was wonderful to be able to be there to support my mom through this struggle. I'm excited and looking forward to 2011. In the next few weeks we should be meeting our little boy and nothing could be more exciting than that!!
Now back to the books. I had several favorites this year, but the following five were my top reads for 2010:
- Hate List - Jennifer Brown: This was the first book I finished in 2010 it was amazing. Still a year later I find myself thinking of this book.
- Shutter Island - Dennis Lehane: I'm not sure if any book has ever kept me on my toes as much as this one. I still can't get over the ending!
- To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee: I still don't understand why I waited as long as I did to read this wonderfully written American classic.
- Speak - Laurie Halse Anderson: An amazing book that everyone should be required to read!
- The Thorn Birds - Colleen McCullough: Another unforgettable read that I waited way too long to read. One of the most amazing sagas ever written.