"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 In Review

2010 was a pretty good year for me reading wise. I read and reviewed 59 books, which is 14 more than I completed in 2009. I also posted 132 blog posts, up from 68 in 2009. Not too shabby considering the fact that I was MIA for a few months when I was having such problems with my pregnancy.

Personally, 2010 was a big year for me and hubby. We found out we'd be expecting our first child, lived through the scariness of several hemmorhages that first trimester, and have grown together as a couple through it all. This winter we helped sell and pack up my grandfather's home, while at the same time placing him in a nursing home. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done, but it was wonderful to be able to be there to support my mom through this struggle. I'm excited and looking forward to 2011. In the next few weeks we should be meeting our little boy and nothing could be more exciting than that!!

Now back to the books. I had several favorites this year, but the following five were my top reads for 2010:
  1. Hate List - Jennifer Brown: This was the first book I finished in 2010 it was amazing.  Still a year later I find myself thinking of this book.
  2. Shutter Island - Dennis Lehane: I'm not sure if any book has ever kept me on my toes as much as this one.  I still can't get over the ending!
  3. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee: I still don't understand why I waited as long as I did to read this wonderfully written American classic.
  4. Speak - Laurie Halse Anderson:  An amazing book that everyone should be required to read!
  5. The Thorn Birds - Colleen McCullough: Another unforgettable read that I waited way too long to read.  One of the most amazing sagas ever written.
All in all, not a shabby year for me.  I hope to read at least the same amount of books if not more in 2011, and continue to blog and post and meet new people!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails