"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Friday, October 22, 2010

Finally...We have a nursery

I had made it my goal that we would have an actual working nursery by the end of October, and I'm pretty sure we are there!

Last Saturday, my mom and dad came over for the whole day to help me and hubby out on the rest of the big things that needed completed. I can't thank them enough. They are truly a huge blessing and we never would have gotten done without them! Dad got to the house at about 8 am and him and hubby started hanging the new border paper. I had finished all the painting up the weekend before.

The before picture




The Room After Paint



















Once the border was up, we ran the sweeper and brought in the boxes for the furniture. The crib was the first to be assembled and it looks great. Then we assembled the changing table and unpacked the dresser. At that point, mom and I told my dad and hubby to go and watch TV and we hung the curtains, put together the bed linens, and did up the shelving. And here's the final product:


The crib and bedding







The shelving and changing table










The dresser and his books :)
The cute little window valances and the comfy rocker























I couldn't be more in love with the room and more happy with the results.  There's just a few more things that need done before it will be completely finished but we're definitely ready for the baby!!












1 comment:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

The nursery is lovely! How fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails