"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What's on Your Nightstand?


I was doing a little web browsing today at work (as I sat on hold for hours and hours working on claim status...Go Blue Cross Blue Shield) and found this little gem of a website. It's full of awesome book reviews and other great bookish information. One of the fun things on the blog was the "What's on your Nighstand?" question. Many bloggers responded and I thought I would join in on the fun; however, I must admit I'm rather embarrassed by my nightstand stack. Almost all of the books on the stack have been started over the past year and NEVER finished. So I guess they are just hanging out there waiting for me to come back and make their night. So here's the sad sad list:
  • The Blonde Geisha - Jina Bacarr: I'm maybe 40-45 pages into this one. It was really good, I probably just got distracted by something else.
  • The Time Travelers Wife - Audrey Niffenegger: I'm seriously maybe only 150 pages away from finishing this one. It's an excellent read, but I think my brain needed a vacation so I just let it go for a while
  • Blue Eyed Devil - Lisa Kleypas: I just *had* to have this after I finished Sugar Daddy. It was the *must read* of the year for me. So yeah, I finished one chapter and haven't picked it up since....GO ME!
  • The Mist -Stephen King: I grabbed this at the grocery store when the movie came out --- not sure why (I think I was on drugs that day). I've maybe read the first chapter and will probably never pick it back up (however, I did hear the ending of the novella was WAY better than the movie)
  • The Year of Fog - Michelle Richmond: One word - BORING
  • Butterfly - Kathryn Harvey: This was recommended to me by a co-worker. I really do think I'll like this one, it's just not calling to me right now though.
  • The Atkins Diet Book: I think this one is self explanatory.
  • Kabul Beauty School - Deborah Rodriguez: I just wasn't in the mood for this non fiction read at the time --- perhaps more this winter when I feel trapped in my house and need a reminder of how good I have it!
  • The Kindness of Strangers - Katrina Kittle: The subject was just a bit too unsettling for me at the time

So there it is. My nine little soldiers just waiting for their turn to be called up in the ranks. Best of luck this month guys!!



2 comments:

The Buntens said...

I have read the Time Travelers Wife - it is a good book. You should definitely finish it!

I always start so many books, too and take a long time to finish. I am really trying to stick with just a couple at a time right now.

Breezey375 said...

The Mist is actually much better than you would think. Not King's best though. I recommend The Dead Zone. Very good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails