"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Review: You Are So Undead to Me


Title: You Are So Undead to Me
Author: Stacey Jay
Pages: 263
Rating: 4/5

Fifteen-year-old Megan Berry is a Zombie Settler by birth, which means she's part-time shrink to a bunch of dead people with a whole lot of issues.

All Megan wants is to be normal and go to homecoming, of course. Unfortunately, it's a little difficult when your dates keep getting interrupted by a bunch of slobbering Undead.


Things are about to get even more complicated for Megan. Someone in school is using black magic to turn average, angsty Undead into flesh-eating Zombies, and it's looking like homecoming will turn out to be a very different kind of party the bloody kind.


Megan must stop the Zombie apocalypse descending on Carol, Arkansas. Her life and more importantly, homecoming depends on it (goodreads.com).


You Are So Undead to Me is Stacey Jay's debut novel and I loved it!!  The main character Megan Berry was so much fun and I couldn't wait to see what happened to her next.  She was a zombie fighter with heart!

Jay's novel follows the life of Megan as she settles back into her life as a Zombie Settler, a group of people who act as shrinks for the dead.  Megan had all but lost her powers at a young age due to a horrific attack and she's not too happy to have them back.  Now Zombies are ruining her dates, and someone is summoning the evil undead to kill Megan.

Jay's writing was spot on.  Never once did I feel that the book was lagging, and I couldn't turn the pages fast enough.  The plot was well written and developed and I enjoyed every minute of it.  The character development was spot on and I truly connected with Megan and Ethan.  I really felt that I was part of the story and that's when I know that I truly love a book.  I was sad when I turned the last page and I'm so happy to know that there is a sequel!

I certainly won't be waiting long to read Undead Much?  I'm already upset I waited as long as I did to read You Are So Undead to Me.  I'm also going to be checking to see what other books Stacey Jay has out there and can't wait to get my hands on them too!!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails