Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each Tuesday is a new topic. Head on over and check it out!!
This is the first time I've ever done this meme and I thought it would be something fun to try for a change! This weeks topic is:
Top Ten Books That Are On The Top Of My TBR List For Fall
Fall is my favorite time of year. I love curling up by the fire on chilly October weekends, heading out to watch the leaves change, and enjoying those last days of sunshine before Winter fully hits. Reading wise, I tend to dive into the more Gothic novels, and sometimes something just a little spooky. Here's what I hope to read this fall:
1. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield: I don't know why I haven't read this book yet. It's been out for ages, and made its way through the blogosphere a few years ago. I think it'll be the perfect read for the chilly October evening.
2. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte: This has always been one of my most favorite books. I re-read this every fall. And last year, I saw the Masterpiece Theatre version that I will again be watching this fall.
3. Fingersmith by Sarah Waters: This book has been sitting on my shelf for ages, and the synopsis sounds so enthralling. I think Fall would be the perfect time to check it out.
4. Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender: This book has been on my TBR shelf for ages, and the cover scares the crap out of me. What's a better time to read it then, then Fall!!
5. The House at Riverton by Kate Morton: I have heard such rave reviews for this author and I can't wait to finally see what all the talk is about!!
6. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling: My goal this winter is to re-read this entire series, so I'm looking forward to starting back at the beginning :)
7. Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin: This is another one that has been sitting on my shelves for a long long time. I love the cover of this one, and it's also gotten rave reviews!
8. Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink: Sisters, an ancient curse, a weird marking...what could be better in Fall!!
9. Flowers in the Attic by VC Andrews: I'm almost embarrassed to list this one, but I do love me some VC Andrews. I can still remember the first time I read Flowers in the Attic. I was enthralled and disturbed all at the same time. I found my copy this past weekend and want to read it all again
10. No Angel by Penny Vincenzi: Another family saga, spread out over three books. This could keep me busy through all of fall and winter!
So that's what I'm hoping to read this coming fall. How bout you?