"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything."

~ Edward Cullen

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!!

It's hard to believe that it is already 2012.  Anthony will turn a year old in two weeks.  Hubby will be at his new job almost a year.  Time certainly has flown.

2011 was a year of changes and adjustments for me.  I had to adjust to a new baby, new responsibilities and a lot less time.  In 2010, I read 59 books.  With all the changes, I only read 29 books in 2011 and didn't review five of them.

That being said I read some amazing books in 2011 including: The Night Strangers by Chris Bohjalian, The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom, and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. 

I also had signed up for several challenges and completed four.  Not horribly shabby.

For 2012, I want to make things different!  I want to read more, review more, do different blog posts.  I want to involve what I'm reading to Anthony, keep up on weekly meme's, branch out to other bloggers.  I feel I make these same goals every year and fail miserably after the first month or two, but this year, I'm ready!! 

That being said, I've already completed my first book of 2012 and I can't wait to get the review posted for you soon!!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails